Everyone claims thay don’t like these type of challenges, but deep down inside, everybody loves doing them! I can’t remember when last I did one, so when Dianne, who blogs over at Chad, Life, Us tagged me, I clapped my hands with glee. No, really – I did!
OK, so let’s not dilly dally any longer:
1. What is your current fashion obsession?
Colouring my eyebrows in. Don’t laugh, it’s a frigging art for someone like me! I recently read a blog comment (yikes, can’t remember who or where?!) that said, “Eyebrows are sisters, not twins.” Great advice. So true.
2. What are you wearing today?
I just got home from work and changed into my panda onesie because it’s hellishly cold and wet, but to work I wore black leggings, a grey/cream mutli-strand knit, black pumps and cute little snowflake obsidian earrings K bought me at the Woodmill Market on Friday night.
Straightened (but with a kink in this wet weather) and pulled into a loose side-plait (sounds fancy, but it’s not).
4. Do you nap a lot?
Not by my standards, no.
5. Why is today special?
I managed to drive to and from work and only bellow the word “a*hole” once!
6. What would you like to learn to do?
Not sure how many I may list, so going to go with my top 5:
- Take a decent photograph on an actual camera
- Learn to use “that” and “which” correctly
- Stay calm in an emergency (if there is a zombie apocalypse, stay away from me if you want to live!)
- Whistle (every now and then I get an actual whistle sound out, but don’t ask me to repeat it)
- Make (or is it bake?) souffle
7. What’s for dinner today?
No idea, but either way it’s going to be good, as I’m going to my mom for supper (yes, in my panda onesie … )
8. What are you listening to right now?
My beautiful fat cat, Leyla, demanding that I feed her. “Now, slave!”
9. What is your favourite weather?
Anything with sunshine. Sunny winter days are so lovely, as are crisp, sunny autumn days. Sunny spring and summer are amazing too, obvs!
10. What’s the last thing you bought?
New chairs and a bookshelf for my dining room.
11. What are your essentials when traveling?
- Nailclippers and tweezers (these are the first thing I pack. Always.)
- A fresh book to read
- Toe-socks in winter/sun block and a hat in summer
- Slops to wear in the shower (eeuw, standing in some stranger’s shower grosses me out!)
12. What’s your style?
I don’t think I have style/a style. I wear whatever fits on the day, whatever is clean. But in general, I’m a skinny jeans + ? girl.
13. What is your most challenging goal right now?
Getting UNISA to acknowledge payment of my semester 2 subjects and to release my study material. Soul-destroying.
14. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Italy – have you seen you beautiful it is there!
15. Favourite vacation spot?
Don’t have a favourite, but so far, the Garden Route area in general.
16. Name the things you cannot live without?
Rooibos face wash by African Extracts, my Samsung tablet and my loyal fat cat (she’s my soulmate).
17. How was your childhood?
Barefoot, riding bikes on gravel roads, playing Frisbee and cricket on the beach, beautiful days spent along the coastline, catching tiny rock cods (fish) that my dad patiently braai’d for us to eat (!), blindman’s buff and hide and seek, snakes, parrots and guinea pigs for pets, swimming every moment we could, building forts in the bluegum tree (eucalyptus) forest around our house … ah, beautiful memories!
18. What would you like to have in your hands right now?
19. What are you most excited for?
My journey to motherhood.
20. If you could go anywhere in the next hour, where would you go?
To surprise-visit friends in the UK.
21. Which countries have you visited?
Header image source.