I work a full day and then still come home and study. Cooking time is something I have very little of, needless to say, this easy egg-fried rice recipe has become a firm favourite! It’s pretty versatile; add any fresh ingredients that appeal to you, like diced fresh asparagus or green beans.
Easy Prawn Egg-fried Rice
2 Cups raw basmati rice
4 Eggs (beaten)
350g Pink prawns (deveined and shelled)
2 Cloves fresh garlic (peeled and diced)
1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
1 Cup baby peas (frozen or fresh)
1 Chilli (deseeded and finely diced)
Sesame seed oil
- Cook the rice and set aside
- Cut each prawn tail into 3 pieces and lightly fry with the garlic in some coconut oil (or which ever oil you prefer to cook with)
- Add the cooked rice and chopped chilli to the pan, muddle and fry lightly
- Shift the rice to one side of the pan and pour the egg into the open space
- Add the spring onion and peas to the egg
- Cook and turn the egg mixture over until done
- Slowly add the egg/pea/spring onion mixture into the rice
- Add a drizzle of sesame seed oil and a generous glug of soya sauce
- Mix the oil and soya through until well incorporatedone before serving
- Don’t add salt, rather serve extra soya sauce on the side.
- Substitute the prawns with diced chicken fillet or beef for a meatier alternative.