It’s no secret that I am a sucker for lucky packets, subscription boxes, buy-one-get-one-free promotions or any deal where I get something for nothing. I was like a kid in a candy store when I discovered SNAPnSAVE. If you don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, let me enlighten you!
In a nutshell: SNAPnSAVE is a cashback shopping app that is free to use. You can log in on the SNAPnSAVE website or download the app from the Apple or Android app stores. Items are listed on SNAPnSAVE (new items are uploaded through the week) and each item has a money-back value. You book what appeals to you and have 48 hours to buy the item(s) and snap your tillslip.
Here’s the best bit: You get money back into your SNAPnSAVE wallet! You can get cash back from most national leading retailers and you can spend the money in your SNAPnSAVE wallet at Checkers, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, News Café, Vida e Caffé, Dischem and Primi Piatti.
I have been using the app for a little over a month now and I have almost R200 in my SNAPnSAVE wallet. There are often daily staple groceries, like bread, eggs and milk listed. But there are also really awesome discounts on other items too! For example, recently you could book any pizza over R50 and get R20 back.
Once you’ve snapped and submitted your tillslip, your money will be in your SNAPnSAVE wallet within 4 working days! It’s easy to snap a tillslip – even if it is long!
Download SNAPnSAVE for free!
Use the promo code pickledginger and you’ll automatically get R10 in your wallet (21 November – 5 December 2016)!
Visit the SNAPnSAVE website or read the FAQs for more info!
Snapping a tillslip
- Snap the whole tillslip – you can take multiple snaps of a long slip.
- Make sure the shop name is clearly visible.
- Make sure the item(s) you’ve booked are clearly visible.
- The price of the item must be visible.
- Check that the tillslip reflects the retailer’s VAT number.
- Check that the date is clearly visible.
- Check that the invoice number is clearly visible.
My top snap tips
- Check the app before you go shopping and book any items you need.
- Read the item description carefully to avoid buying the wrong item or having a snap rejected.
- Use the app as a shopping list to make sure you don’t forget any items. There is a useful function that allows you to cross items off your list as you shop!
- Items are limited, but if they are booked and not bought within the 48 hour period, they become available to other snappers. Use the “Notify Me” function to book items that become available.
- New offers are loaded all the time, but mostly on Fridays, so check the app often.
I am completely hooked and plan on saving my money to spend in the festive season next year. Your money is available in your wallet for up to 3 years!
Disclaimer: I receive an incentive for each person signing up for SNAPnSAVE using the abovementioned promo code.
Header image source.